Salary: dependant on experience
Employment type: Permanent, full time and part time applicaitons considered
KISS is an integrated communications agency working with brands that are changing the world in science, technology and education.
Founded on the principle of simplicity, we strive to clarify complexity and make memorable communications that breathe new life into our clients’ businesses.
We are a team of creative thinkers united by a passion for brands and inspired to deliver work that creates change and drives growth.
KISS are looking for a Finance Business Partner to be a part of the Senior Management Team and help guide the direction of the business with financial insight and planning. You’ll be excited by the challenge of quickly understanding an ambitious and growing agency, swiftly taking a lead on all day to day financial operational direction, as well as providing insight and planning to aid future decisions and growth. As part of a small team (you’ll have a Finance and Administration Manager reporting to you who has ownership of day to day finance administration and responsibility for agency compliance areas) you’ll have the space and autonomy to shape the financial information reporting, providing guidance, insight and context to key agency decision making.
The Finance Business Partner will be expected to provide the output of a traditional management accountant – monitoring spend and budget, preparing financial statements and accounts, preparing company reports and overseeing payroll, credit control and bookkeeping.
- Combined with the above we’ll also look to you to take this information and support teams and people in moving forward with it – developing budgets from ground up, communicating effectively to ensure buy in and understanding at all levels and providing accurate and intuitive information to team leads to allow them to manage client projects profitably and confidently.
- As a key member of the SMT you will support forecasting and business decisions with pertinent financial information and reports and be comfortable working with your peers at this level to help guide the Company forward.
- Comfortable with automation and commercial (ideally billable) systems, we’re looking for someone who can work with us to automate where possible to work more efficiently and knowledgeably. Continually looking for ways to improve reporting of information, we’ll look to you to advise and implement and lead others forward in this area.
- The role will also provide strategic support for compliance for a small business – ISO accreditations (9001 and 270001), cyber security and GDPR – by providing management and support for the individual who has operational responsibility and ownership for these areas as required.
The successful applicant will be a qualified (ACCA, ACA,CIMA) business partner (or QBE if direct relevance to the role) comfortable with systems and automation and an ability to work well with non-financial people at all levels. You’ll have the confidence to challenge the status quo, whilst building and maintaining strong relationships - looking at all times to support and add value to a fast-moving advertising agency and its people.
You’ll be confident, enjoy working with others outside of the financial arena and with an appetite for getting involved in the wider business. In return we can offer a vibrant and creative Company with passionate, friendly and welcoming individuals and an excellent opportunity to grow the role in exciting directions.
Given the above the successful candidate will also be:
- Ambitious and driven
- Experienced in working within a billable environment
- Comfortable taking ownership of areas and using complex financial data to inform decision making at a strategic level
- Collaborative and open with strong people skills
- An inspirational and motivational team leader
- Used to working with colleagues at all levels
- Commercially astute
- A doer and problem solver
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly social events
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Corporate punt on the River Cam