Salary: dependant on experience
Employment type: Permanent
KISS is an integrated communications agency working with brands that are changing the world in science, technology and education.
Founded on the principle of simplicity, we strive to clarify complexity and make memorable communications that breathe new life into our clients’ businesses.
We are a team of creative thinkers united by a passion for brands and inspired to deliver work that creates change and drives growth.
KISS are looking for passionate, dynamic and focused individuals at Account Director, Senior or Group Account Director level to join our team.
At all levels
- Nurture key senior client relationships (demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business and market) and lead the development of key account plans to ensure business is optimised with key clients. Ensure account forecasts are on track, flag potential risks and provide solutions - ‘Surprise and delight’ key clients on a regular basis. Provide strategic consultancy to clients where appropriate and deliver strategic workshops.
- Identify, create and convert opportunities to grow KISS business with existing clients and taking new (significant at senior/group level) business opportunities from lead to pitch.
- Manage and nurture direct reports. Providing day to day support and guidance, complete annual reviews, deal with HR issues as appropriate. Develop the strategic ability of the AS team and provide mentoring/coaching as appropriate.
At senior and GAD level:
- Demonstrate experience across all disciplines of integrated agency business, i.e. as comfortable picking up a website project, as delivering an integrated advertising campaign across multiple channels.
- Take ownership for managing the profitability of key client accounts and be able to lead the strategic direction of a client’s business with rigour and clarity supported by the strategy lead/team, unravelling complex strategic issues and providing ongoing insight and opinion to influence client business.
At GAD level:
- Extensive experience at a senior level leading a team of AS personnel and working on strategic, complex and long-term projects. Demonstrating impact at Management level within the agency.
- Responsible for large (revenue or scope) clients at a strategic level demonstrating senior level understanding of business and market. Take ownership for the short and long-term plans at both operational and strategic level ensuring the success, profitability and viability of the project.
- Demonstrate ongoing knowledge of all current projects worked on within the AS team offering insight, support and opinion to ensure viability and success.
- Work closely with the AMD to ensure that all members of the AS team are performing at the level expected – offering guidance for L&D and professional development and providing in house learning opportunities.
- The GAD role will demonstrate expertise in a number of areas and be able to apply at a strategic level as well as lead and inspire others. For example:
a. Recognizing strategic areas in which the agency can develop, improve or lead in and ensuring that the agency has the relevant skills in place to convert and deliver to clients in this space
b. Build the knowledge, understanding and passion for expertise area across the AS team and the agency in general
At all levels the successful applicant will have a sound understanding of financial reporting and key levels for profitability and feel comfortable working in this area. You’ll have a good commercial nous and be ambitious and driven as well as experienced in working within a billable environment.
These are key roles within the agency, and we’ll look to you to lead by example in your collaborative working with strong people skills and an inspirational and motivational management style.
At a more senior level we’ll look to you to demonstrate exemplary financial management of accounts with a focus on delivering profitability and outstanding creative. You’ll be comfortable taking ownership of areas and using complex data to inform decision making at a strategic level and used to working with clients at a senior level – often managing multiple top level projects at a time. At GAD level in particular we’re looking for someone who can provide strategic input to the direction of KISS financial performance, demonstrating understanding at a high level of all aspects of project forecasting and budgets. You’ll need to provide a strategic overview to multiple projects and be comfortable working alongside the senior management team.
In return we can offer a vibrant and creative Company with passionate, friendly and welcoming individuals and an excellent opportunity to grow the role in exciting directions.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly social events
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Corporate punt on the River Cam