Salary: depending on experience
Employment type: permanent
KISS is looking for a highly experienced, hands-on, PR Account Director who has their eyes set on their next career challenge and wants to make their mark. You will use your excellent communication skills to maintain and elevate the relationships we have with our existing PR clients and you will take a proactive role in the drive to identify organic new business.
You will work within a team offering mentorship and training, and You will be capable of drafting new business proposals and leading the pitches with little or no involvement from the Managing Director. You will be responsible for training and mentoring others in the PR team.
The position will be based in our Cambridge office.
KISS is an integrated communications agency working with brands that are changing the world in science, technology and education. Founded on the principle of simplicity, we strive to clarify complexity and make memorable communications that breathe new life into our clients’ businesses. We are a team of creative thinkers united by a passion for brands, and inspired to deliver work that creates change and drives growth.
- Ambitious and driven
- Collaborative with exceptional interpersonal skills
- An inspirational and motivational team leader
- Have passion, a sense of humour and a can-do attitude at all times
- Used to working with clients at a senior level
- Be detail conscious and have the ability to multi-task
- Have a personal drive to deliver value to the client and performance to the Company
- A doer and problem solver
PR Account Director Responsibilities
- Have a strong working relationship with the client who listens and values your advice
- Gaining respect from clients for your advice and knowledge – not just a ‘yes’ person
- Develop a strong knowledge of your clients’ business, their competitors and relevant industry issues
- Identify thought-leadership ideas and develop opinion pieces, selling into relevant trade media
- Identifying key messages and audiences and developing a communications plan
- Delivering projects and campaigns against briefs
- Client satisfaction
- Understand the financial side of each account, the allocated hours per month vs actual fee and the resulting servicing levels
- Actively develop relationships with key clients and be seen as main point of contact on the account
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth (across the KISS Communications Group).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate members of the media.
- Keep abreast of market trends, client needs and competitive offers.
- Produce quarterly and annual review presentations and present face-to-face to client
Business Development Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and drive opportunities for new business, having a minimum of 5 conversations per week (email, telephone, face to face).
- Draft new business proposals
- Be capable of leading new business pitches with little or no involvement from the Managing Director
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Childcare Voucher, Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Quarterly social events
- Corporate punt on the River Cam