Salary: depending on experience
Employment type: permanent
We’re looking for a inspiring, organised and quality focused Senior Designer to join the team and help lead our journey forwards.
- The Senior Designer translates the creative brief or overall ‘goals’ of the project into tangible designs that demonstrate our work at its best. By directing others in their creative development as well as applying your own technical expertise, you will ensure that the quality and visual brilliance of our work takes precedence. Expert attention to detail combined with demonstrable knowledge and passion for branding focus will ensure you help set the standard of our work and you’ll be as comfortable with digital as offline.
- Above and beyond all else you are an inspiring and collaborative leader, who can work collaboratively within the design team; supporting individual development, understanding how to encourage other’s best work, comfortably critiquing where needed and building relationships with external contributors in the same way.
- A senior member of a small and hands-on agency, we’ll want you to enthusiastically contribute to the overall workflow of the agency, demonstrating a solution focused and pragmatic approach to agency life. A strong ‘completer/finisher’ you will help steer the art department through multiple, sometimes complex projects to ensure deadlines are met without compromising integrity, quality, or expectations.
- An expert communicator, you’ll be able to articulate strategic design ideas to the rest of the team, as well as demonstrate ease and understanding when interacting with our clients. Instigating and maintaining strong relationships inside and outside of the agency is key and you’ll need strong emotional intelligence to succeed.
- Comfortable with systems, agreed ways of working and supportive tools, as a senior member of staff we’ll both expect you to demonstrate good practice as well as challenging processes that could be reviewed. Commercial and pragmatic, you’ll have a healthy respect for timelines and budgets with the ability to adhere to both whilst producing visually stunning work.
This is a critical role within the business and as such the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a solid senior-level background – so you’ll likely have held a similar role in a small business with leadership experience. You’ll be a relationship builder and a creative problem-solver and will be able to blend agency needs and a customer centric focus to ensure the work really does ‘work’.
We’re looking for a strong all-rounder – equally comfortable delivering designs across the full digital experience as well as print. A strong technical understanding to fully support the design team will be an important requisite. You’ll be meeting with clients as well as working with other agency members so presenting skills are important – both in person and online. You’ll be expected to remain up to date with the latest industry trends, seeking out best practice and bringing those around you along for the ride.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working (we’re all currently working from home but with the aim to provide a mix of both office and home working when we can)
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly social events
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Corporate punt on the River Cam
If you join us, we can offer an outstanding opportunity to not only be part of an established agency with rewarding clients, but also the prospect to take a leading part in our continued journey. We believe passionately in the power of each individual and as such our culture will give you responsibility, ownership and power in how you work, learn and grow.