Salary: depending on experience
Employment type: permanent
We’re an integrated agency in Cambridge looking for a highly creative and commercially-minded technical writer to join our growing team. Our client list spans the best across the Science, Education and Technology sectors.
You will have a history of quality B2B copy writing, with a scientific/technical skew across our key sectors. Additionally, we would expect a foundation in consumer writing to meet all of our client copy requirements.
You will possess strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and deal with conflicting deadlines. A passion for writing is an absolute must, together with an understanding of our clients’ key target audiences and the type of platform your work is to play out on – press release, article, blog, social media, website copy, print collateral etc.
A natural aptitude for balancing the needs of the client and the wants of the target audience, whilst producing a high-quality, technically accurate piece of copy is vital. This includes the ability to craft copy in a way that discreetly incorporates commercial messaging as and when appropriate.
You’ll need exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and must show leadership across the agency and in client relationships. Day to day you’ll be working with clients, members of KISS and strategists to understand our clients’ businesses and respond to their briefs.
We’re an incredibly collaborative agency so you’ll have great opportunities to work across the marketing mix. This role is also highly interactive, so you must be extremely relatable with the ability to engage easily, and build relationships with agency staff and clients. You must be able to work under pressure, supervise production of content within the agency and manage internal team members where appropriate.
If you’re a writer who can help us to keep things successfully simple by clarifying the complex; tell a compelling story and intuitively understand what your audience needs to hear and how they want to hear it, then apply now to join our dynamic team.
- Research and write engaging, high-quality copy for both clients and the agency (Inc. press releases, articles, social media posts, web copy etc.)
- Work closely with our talented creative, digital and account service teams to create high-quality, long and short form copy that engages and inspires B2B and B2C audiences
- Ability to quickly digest complex technical information in our key sectors and create written content relevant to the target audience that is easy to understand and drives engagement
- Proofreading and editing skills would be an advantage
- Develop a strong understanding of our clients’ sectors, their competitors and industry issues
- Be commercially-minded, with a strong ability to naturally craft copy to meet the commercial needs of our clients, whilst maintaining the natural flow of the piece
- Proactively develop content ideas for clients, utilising your knowledge of the client and their sector
- Respond quickly and efficiently to client requests
- Communicate clearly with clients and your colleagues at all times both verbally and on email
- When necessary, sell-in content (ideas, articles, press releases etc.) to the media
- Lead client meetings with support from Account Directors
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients alongside Account Director
- Ideally you will have agency experience
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with life both inside and outside of work:
- Flexible working
- Corporate punt on the River Cam
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Quarterly social events
- Pension contribution increase matching scheme
- Childcare voucher, Cycle to Work and employee discount schemes
- Support for ongoing professional development