Every business wants to engage with their customers and one of the most effective ways to do this has to be blogging. Aside from communicating with the people you want to influence, it’s also a great way of improving your SEO, and could even help to raise your profile with a prospective new customer says Victoria Ellis, Senior Account Manager and experienced blogger.
Blogging provides a fantastic way to engage your customers and the opportunity to speak in a more relaxed tone than you would through editorial. This in turn will help to drive traffic to your website, boost SEO rankings and provide an insight into individuals, your organisation and, more importantly, the culture.
If you need a bit of encouragement try it for yourself and see the benefits roll in. If your business is not already blogging, it’s time to get started or risk getting left behind.
Here are KISS PR’s top reasons as to why your business should be blogging:
1. Having a blog is great for building relationships. If your blog is educational, funny or engaging, people will want to read what you have to say.
2. Your blog can be central to all your content marketing efforts. It also provides you with content for other social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters, e-books, etc. Use this to your advantage and use content numerous times across multiple channels.
3. Your blog increases SEO. Search engines such as Google love unique content and will reward you for it by indexing you higher on Google rankings.
4. Using thought leaders as guest authors. Invite guests to blog for you such as clients, thought-leaders and industry gurus. They can offer an alternative audience that you might not have been able to access previously.
5. It helps you stay ahead. To be successful in many industries it is important to stay on top of news, trends and competitors. Show that you are ahead of the rest and people will come to you as an industry expert, rather than a follower.
6. It creates free profile for your business. Bloggers are seen as influential people and are often interviewed by print and broadcast journalists as industry experts. Make sure you include references to your business and you will have gained some free PR.
7. Audience insight. Blog analytics are great at providing an insight into your audience. You will be able to see what they click on, how long they stay and what they comment on or share. Use this insight to your advantage and use it in your business strategy.
8. A good long term, cost-effective investment. Blogs are up for the long term and are therefore a good cost and time investment. They can help build brand awareness, provide positive positioning about your knowledge and can give a mention of the products and services you offer. Social media and blogs are recognised by many as the fastest growing area in lead generation and also the lowest cost lead-generation channel.
9. Inspiration will come from all around! Once you start blogging you’ll start to see ideas all around you...travelling, attending a festival, reading a fantastic book or something inspiring that happened at work.